In summer, there are almost endless possibilities to explore the Walser mountains. Hiking, climbing, mountain biking and an attractive activity programme for children are all available. Caution: Summer holidays in the Kleinwalsertal valley, no matter how many days you spend, often feel too short!
Mountain Summer in Kleinwalsertal
The Kleinwalsertal valley offers more than just beautiful landscapes! It also features a wide range of sports and leisure activities.
Hiking in Kleinwalsertal
Hiking in the Kleinwalsertal is rich in variety. At three altitude levels, our guests will find the right path for every taste – from an easy walk along the Breitach stream, to panoramic hikes on the panorama hiking trails, to sweaty summit tours - a hiking holiday in Vorarlberg has it all!
- 185 km of hiking trails
- Almost 400 kilometres of cross-border hiking trails
- 8 summer cable cars
- Guided tours: Mountain and themed hikes, Nordic walking, mountain biking
Mountain bikers will also find their ideal terrain in the Kleinwalsertal. If you prefer to zip down rather than pedal up, you can simply take your bike up the mountain with the Zaferna lift or the Söllereck cable car. Keen to complete a few technical units in between? The best way is to check out the bike course in Hirschegg-Au.
- Tours from 11 to 72 km length
- From 200 to 2,200 m difference in altitude
- 8 hut bike-service stations
- 3 lifts for bike transport
Summer leisure activities
- Expansive children's programme during summer and autumn holidays
- Excursions – from horse-drawn carriage rides to sightseeing, adventure parks or summer toboggan runs
- Village festivals, concerts, homeland evenings, ceremonial cattle herding from the high altitudes (Alpabtrieb)
- Museum, ski exhibition, mountain show, Breitachklamm gorge
- Swimming pools – indoor and outdoor swimming pools in the valley and surroundings
- Golf & Minigolf – 15 golf courses in neighbouring Allgäu & Bregenzerwald as well as minigolf courses in Mittelberg and Baad